Thursday, March 18, 2010

Beeb Bits



By request, a few unbootlegged chat fragments from various BBC Radio shows.

"Side By Side" (recorded 4/1/63)
- intro to "A Taste Of Honey"

"Pop Go The Beatles" (7/2/63)
- intro to "That's All Right (Mama)"
- intro to "There's A Place"
- outro to "Clarabella"

"Pop Go The Beatles" (7/10/63)
- intro to "Sweet Little Sixteen"
- outro to "Sweet Little Sixteen"
- intro to "A Taste Of Honey"

"Pop Go The Beatles" (7/16/63)
- intro to "Crying, Waiting, Hoping"

6 comments:

  1. Thanks a million for these John! I've wanted to hear them for ages.

    I've managed to get hold of a copy of the Unbootlegged 28 CD for the first part of the first Side By Side show. I was just wondering - do you know if the longer A Taste Of Honey (25/10/62) and Twist & Shout (27/11/62) on the same CD are genuine?

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, those are from "The Beat Show" (4 Jul 63) and nothing new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, thought they sounded familiar! Thanks for letting me know.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi john .... do you know where i can get a copy of the Unbootllegged 28 CD ? thanks Murray

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you need the whole CD or just the new Beeb track? I can post the latter, but I didn't bring the full disc with me when I moved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Murray, I'm not sure whether I can post this or not, but I found the whole Unbootlegged 28 CD here:

    http://juliocmail.blogspot.com/2008/11/paul-mccartney-red-rose-speedway-paul.html

    Tim

    ReplyDelete